Friday, January 9, 2015

So, I obviously don't actually update (or even check) this blog very often.  Apparently I got a comment on one of my previous posts taking issue with my title of "Raving Atheist."  The problem, apparently, was that there is actually a copyrighted blog/forum of that name.  I pulled up that site, and they've been doing it since well before I started mine.  As such, I have changed the title of my blog.  I have not received any sort of contact from that site (or at least no official communication), but I'm a reasonable person, and they have archives going back nine years before I even started.

Now, had they come about after I had started, I wouldn't care in the least.  Active or not, if I started first, too bad.  However, they started well before I did.  As such, it is only fair that I disambiguate my title.  I'm leaving the basic concept in, because it fits me.  Given that, the change may not be enough to prevent a Google search from bringing me up alongside them.  However, once the searcher sees my title, they should have a pretty good idea that I am not them.

No comments:

Post a Comment